INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN LAW ENFORCEMENT?
Join Our Family!
The City of Walker Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Police Officer. Interested parties shall possess impeccable moral integrity, a strong work ethic, advanced communication skills, and a naturally flexible and adaptive personality. This position requires a commitment to the community policing philosophy. Officers must strive to create a partnership between themselves and the community they serve, working together to identify, prioritize, and solve problems with the goal of improving the overall quality of life in the City of Walker. They are responsible for the accomplishment of the Mission and Vision of the Walker Police Department.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and City of Walker application to the Human Resources Department, electronically or in person, to Walker City Hall or Human Resources Director, Shannon Bales. The city job application is attached below!
We are currently accepting applications! The Walker Police Department is looking to hire multiple MCOLES certified or certifiable job candidates. Our hiring process has no application deadline--we are accepting applications through the end of 2023 and will schedule interviews as candidates apply.
- MCOLES certified or certifiable through police academy attendance
- Pass extensive physical, psychological, written, and background evaluations
- Completion of two (2) years of college-level coursework
- Valid MI driver's license
- No felony convictions
Date of Hire
- Lateral transfer with three (3) years of experience starts you at year two's (2) pay step of $34.52 per hour, $71,803 annually.
- New Year's Day
- MLK Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
For holidays worked: 2x pay
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
For holidays off: 8 hours of pay
- Day Following Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve Day
For holiday overtime: 3x pay
- Longevity pay
- 80 paid vacation hours in first year with increasing annual amounts as years of experience increase
- Ongoing opportunities to accrue additional vacation time
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance with opt-out stipends available
- City-provided life insurance policy
- Defined Contribution Retirement 401a: City matches your 1% minimum contribution with 9%
- City Wellness Incentive Program
- Continuing education, training, and more!
Please click the links below for more information: