Sec. 38-12 & 13 - Permits required.
A permit from the city commission shall be required for the possession, use, or discharge of display fireworks for public or private display within the city.
Application for permits shall be made in writing, on forms provided by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, to the city commission at least 60 days in advance of the date of the display of fireworks.
Sec. 38-16. Fireworks Use Summary
(1) Consumer fireworks shall only be ignited, discharged, or used within the City of Walker on the following days during the following times:
- December 31 after 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m. on January 1
- The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Memorial Day after 11:00 a.m. and until 11:45 p.m.
- On June 29 through July 4 after 11:00 a.m. and until 11:45 p.m.
- If July 5 is a Friday or Saturday, on July 5 after 11:00 a.m. and until 11:45 p.m.
- The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Labor Day after 11:00 a.m. and until 11:45 p.m.
(2) Consumer fireworks shall not be ignited, discharged, or used on public property, school property, church property, or the property of another person without that person or organization's permission to use those fireworks on those premises.
Fines & Penalties:
Violators shall be responsible for a municipal civil infraction and subject to a fine of $1,000.00.