Hi everyone! A ruling late last night has placed a temporary pause on our reopening. It's important for us to follow all State and CDC regulations to ensure the safety of our community. As soon as we get the all-clear we will be BACK AT IT!
Please know that we're thinking of everyone. The gym, the ice rink and the rec facilities are not the same without our wonderful community members - you make the Walker Ice and Fitness Center a fantastic place to work and play! Please call us at (616) 735-6286 if you have any questions.
When we do get the all-clear, there are rules and regulations that we'll need to follow and these are listed below:
To stay in compliance with regulations put out by the State and CDC to keep you safe during this pandemic, here is how things will be a little different in the first phase of our opening. These current restrictions are temporary and will be phased back in as soon as it is safe to do so and may be subject to further changes based on evolving State and Federal requirements.
Please read over these Member Stay Safe Guidelines carefully.
1. If you are feeling sick or have a cough, DO NOT COME INTO THE GYM. Please visit another day.
2. All members may now check themselves in at the front desk with our new self-scanners!
3. For your safety as well as our staff, your keys can no longer be left at the front desk. You may use one of the lockers in the locker rooms or there is a new key hook in the gym area.
4. It is required to WASH YOUR HANDS PRIOR TO YOUR WORKOUT! Hand sanitizing stations are also located throughout the gym.
5. All members are to practice social distancing - remain 6ft apart from one another. Equipment has also been spaced 6ft apart and some equipment has been disabled to keep everyone safe.
6. Staff will be wearing masks and will be doing constant cleaning and deep cleaning every night.
7. Members are encouraged to wear masks in the gym but not required to.
8. Wipe down the equipment that you use BEFORE and AFTER you use it. Several cleaning stations are located throughout the gym area. Protect yourself and do your part to keep our gym germ free!
9. Staff will be doing constant cleaning and deep cleaning every night.
10. Drinking fountains have been covered but the bottle filler is still available for water.
11. Lockers, sinks and restrooms remain open. Towel service has been discontinued and the shower stalls, Sauna and Steam rooms are also temporarily closed.
12. The Childcare Room is temporarily closed.
13. Tanning Booths will remain open and sanitized after each visit
14. The WIFC will not be offering Guest Passes or 7-day Trial options until we are fully operational.
15. Fitness classes are temporarily cancelled but some outside classes are being scheduled --weather permitting.
16. New Facility Hours: Monday -Friday 5:00am to 8:00pm
Sat/ Sun 7:00am to 5:00pm
We are very excited to see everyone again!! We appreciate your patience as we navigate this reopening. Thank you, members for your loyalty and constant support during this health crisis. Together we can get BACK AT IT safely. ~WIFC Staff
Latest Closure Info 6/25/20